Easy Acai Berry Recipes
Acai berry is a fruit from the tropical plant acai palm. It is said to be a nutritious fruit found in the wild, high in antioxidants and omega fatty acids. Aside from these amazing benefits, acai berry is also a good source of fiber, which is known to promote healthy digestion and proper functioning. Acai berry also contains vitamins and minerals needed to improve the body’s immune system. On top of all that, it is also a rich source of antioxidants, which help prevent free radicals from harming the cells and tissues in the body.
Acai berry is eaten in the same way you eat other berries. However, many people enjoy creating different dishes and foods with them. Because they taste so delicious, they are perfect to use this way. Here are some easy acai berry recipes you can make in the comfort of your own home.
Acai Berry Breakfast Bowl
1 cup acai berry pulp
½ cup soy milk or 2 fruit juices (¼ cup each)
1 banana (sliced)
½ cup corn flakes
Slices of fresh fruits
Blend acai berry pulp, soy milk or fruit juices and sliced banana in a blender. Pour in a bowl and top the mixture with the corn flakes and fresh fruit slices.
Acai Berry Cupcakes
1 ½ cup acai berry pulp
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup non- fat milk
1. Preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While heating, put liners on the cup cake pan.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 3 – 5 minutes or until fluffy.
3. Add eggs to the mixture. Beat well.
4. Sift together the cake flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Slowly beat the flour and baking powder in the creamed mixture. Alternate this with the milk.
6. Using a spatula, fold the acai berry pulp into the mixture.
7. Pour into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
Acai Berry Crepe
Ingredients for the filling:
1 cup softened cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
1 cup acai berry pulp
To prepare the filling:
1. Whip the softened cream cheese and sugar.
2. Add the acai berry pulp and continue whipping until smooth.
To prepare the final crepe:
1. Put the crepe in a flat plate.
2. Spread some of the filling then roll to the desired size and shape.
3. Place in a baking pan and bake in an oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
These recipes are easy to prepare and allow you to try the delicious acai berry in many different ways. We hope you enjoy!
Acai Berry Smoothies
To make an acai smoothie, decide the type of acai you will use, frozen and powder work best. The key to enjoying smoothies is knowing if you are replacing a meal or just having a drink. To replace a meal, you need to make sure the smoothie contains enough protein for your activity level. If you are just trying to add fruit and fiber to your diet, you might want to make the smoothie low calorie. Here are two basic smoothie recipes, you can add more of your favorite ingredients, substitute out foods you don’t like, and add in supplements.
Protein Breakfast Smoothie
½ cup frozen acai puree
½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
½ cup frozen peaches
2 cups juice (orange, apple, pineapple, try them all)
Steps: Place ingredients in blender and blend until frothy. For more protein, add in ½ cup Grape Nuts cereal or tofu.
1 cup frozen Acai puree
1 spoonful lemon juice
3/4 cup of low fat yougurt
Steps: Blend ingredients in blender. This recipe is great for a tart afternoon drink and can be upgraded easily to a daiquiri with a little rum.